Is There Science Behind The Online Slot Game?
Online slots are not just fun, but also safe to play. The game is among the most popular games in online casinos. Are you ready to place bets and hit the “Spin”? Are you ready to get a win at online slots now?
Spin the reels and hit a winning combination, check here now!
The science behind online slots – how true?
The entire process is very simple for a player. But, there is a great amount of science involved to create the entire experience:
- The way the slot looks and feels
- The way a guaranteed random outcome per spin
- The psychological aspect makes the slots very successful
Below is explained further the science behind online slots and how they all work.
Random Number Generator
Because of the remote nature of online casino betting, one vital requirement is fair gaming. Online casinos fulfill the requirement for online slots by using the RNG or Random Number Generator. RNG is an algorithm generated by a computer used by online casinos to use, to randomize the spin results. It is done by generating a sequence of numbers, every number corresponds to the symbol on the reels, which can’t be predicted by any means other than by “chance”.
Two types of Random Number Generators:
- Hardware RNGs. It is a type of RNG that genuinely generates random numbers. These are not computed values obtained from an algorithm executing a repeated set of algorithms or numbers to crack them. It is why it is called TRNGs or True Random Number Generators.
- Pseudo RNGs. It is a type of RNG that generates numbers that solely look random. It is what it means. If you know the state of the Pseudo Random Number Generator, you can reproduce the random number sequence created.
How RNG works?
The software will set up the algorithm with a source value. It is natural since for something to do repeatedly, there has a start, which is the source value. The source value is derived from any one number of repetitive operations or actions happening in the computer. It could be the following:
- processes running
- specific pattern to a click of the mouse
- a specific set of keystrokes
- computer’s clock
What does it mean for slots?
Each symbol has a specific value assigned. When spinning the reels, the RNG algorithm will throw up unique numbers at a speed of hundreds every second. The set of numbers thrown up when the reels stop spinning will determine the symbols that appeared on the computer screen at that point.
The arrangement of the symbols is determined in several ways:
- By the numbers represented
- Whether you won
- By how much
It is how random the whole exercise will be. There is one more factor to consider every symbol is weighted uniquely.